Battery Bingham No. 2, at Fort Moultrie, Charleston, SC. This battery, with two identical emplacements, was completed just two months after the conclusion of the Spanish American War. These twin batteries were armed with two 4.7-inch British Armstrong rapid-fire guns. Battery Bingham was named for 2nd Lieutenant Horatio Bingham, killed fighting the Sioux in 1866.
Be the first to ask a question about this.