1. What am I up to here?
Allow me to begin by introducing myself. I am Jon G. Stephenson, proprietor of JaiGieEse PhotoArt (BTW, my logo is a sort of phonetic play on my initials. You pronounce my company name as if you were just saying my initials - to wit, "JGS PhotoArt.") My focus - no pun intended - is, of course, photography. Now, I tend to look at life through a different window than most of you, and perhaps, one could describe my work as "eclectic" or "unique." Or maybe I'm just two bubbles off plumb, as Barney Fife would've put it. Decide for yourself by having a look at my work. And you've several ways to accomplish that. You may view my portfolio - as a whole - or separated into themed collections. Access them via the”PORTFOLIO” or “COLLECTIONS” buttons on the menu bar at the top of most every page. The "FRESH" button will take you my newest product offerings, and the "LICENSES" button will give you an opportunity to purchase a royalty-free license for any of my images.
2. What can I buy here?
3. What's this about image restoration?
4. How do you produce your prints?
- 68 lb. UltraPro Gloss 2.0, which looks and feels just like traditional photo lab paper. UltraPro is a resin coated, photobase inkjet paper with a brilliant white finish. Bright white papers are particularly good at reproducing deep blacks and higher contrast. You will see a wider color gamut as well as smoother tonal transitions. Your black & white photos will be neutral and crisp.
- 68 lb. UltraPro Satin 4.0 is textured to a medium depth - just the right amount to enhance your prints without being a distraction. The big news is that UltraPro Satin is now a brilliant bold white. Bright white papers are particularly good at reproducing deep blacks and higher contrast.
- 60 lb. Polar Matte raises the bar for imaging excellence. This paper brings you professional quality in every sense of the meaning - from the coating to the base stock, Polar is the go-to photo matte when you want the best. Polar features a beautiful soft white printing surface with outstanding ink holdout capabilities. Polar Matte is totally acid-free and its heavy 60 lb.weight makes it desirable for all high-quality photo imaging including portraits and greeting cards.
- 66 lb. Polar Pearl Metallic is a truly unique inkjet paper that closely matches the look of photo lab metallic prints. Polar Pearl Metallic features a high gloss finish and a pearlescent base stock that yields an elegant iridescence in your images.
- 64 lb. Aurora Art Natural. Made using refined 100% cotton, this fine art paper brings elegance, warmth, and nuance to your photography and art prints. This acid-free paper features a pleasing natural white tone and semi-smooth surface. Plus, Aurora Art Natural contains no optical brighteners.
5. How do I purchase an image?
Just click on the thumbnail display of any image on the Portfolio page or on any Collection page, and you’ll be taken to a product page, and once there, if you hover your mouse over any thumbnail, you'll get a closer look at the image. Should you decide to purchase a print, you'll find handy menus on the product pages from which to select size and media. Make your selections and then add the print to your Cart. When you’re done shopping, Click “Check Out” and you’ll be taken to your Cart, wherein you’ll be able to enter your billing/shipping information, and specify a payment type - I offer several means of payment, including Apple Pay. Click “Buy” to complete your purchase, and you’ll soon receive a confirmation email and a second email will find its way to you when your purchase has shipped.
6. I see that your product thumbnails are watermarked. Will the watermarks appear on my purchased prints?
Not hardly. Watermarks are an unfortunate, but necessary means of protecting my work from those who think taking someone's images for free is an acceptable practice. The thumbnails are all low resolution, but some will settle for such, hence, the watermarks, Rest assured you won't see them on your purchased prints.
7. What about shipping?
Once you’ve completed your image selections, you'’ll be presented with two shipping options - all USPS. There's Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express. Take your pick, and the store will take it from there. As I mentioned earlier, you’ll get an email, with a tracking number, when your purchase ships.
8. May I license these images?
Oh, yes. Firsties, click the "Licenses" button in the page-top menu. This will take you to a list of our licensable images. Make your choice, add it to your shopping cart and you're done. Once your order is in and paid for, I'll send you an email with a link from which you can download your digital purchase. You can see the details of the licensing agreement by clicking on the "Licensing" link in the footer menu, bottom left of most all pages. The licensing agreement is also to be found in Section 21 of the “Terms of Service,” a handy link to which you’ll find at the bottom of the Check Out pages.
9. Why should I subscribe to the newsletter?
By clicking on the “SUBSCRIBE” button in the bottom right corner of each page, and then entering your contact information, you’ll be kept aware of lotsa nifty stuff, including new image additions, new product offerings, special events, and I’ll even keep you up to date on where my work may be found in shows and brick-and-mortar galleries.
10. And if the answers to my questions aren’t to be found here?
Well, heck, just drop me a note. First way to do that is to simply click on the “CONTACT” button down there in the little menu at the bottom left of each page. That’ll get you to a handy form, on which you can enter your email address and a message. Once you’re done, just click on “SUBMIT,” and your message will find its way to me via email. OR, you can click on the "Message Us" button, the blue one in the lower-right of each page. if I'm online, I'll get back to you right then and there. Otherwise, Messenger will yank my chain and lemme know you need to chat, and I'll get back to you soon's I can. In any case, I guarantee you’ll have my full attention.